COMPANION CAREGIVER OBJECTIVE
TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE GIVING
SERVICES THAT ENABLE CLIENTS TO REMAIN
INDEPENDENT IN THEIR OWN HOME.
Each client comes to us with his or her unique needs, and we tailor our services to meet those needs. As a Companion Caregiver you will be required to provide companionship, household management, and personal assistance in a manner that assists the elderly to age in place wherever they call home according to their needs. Home Sweet Home Care Inc. delivers services to residential homes, apartments, assisted living facilities and nursing homes in Isle of Wight, Smithfield, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Williamsburg and York County, Virginia.
Companion Caregivers must be responsible, caring, and flexible individuals with experience in household management for non-medical, in-home support services, including home management (light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, trash removal), meal planning and preparation, grocery shopping, medication reminders, and client transportation (errands, appointments, shopping trips).
The Companion Caregiver will also maintain client confidentiality, a safe environment, and a strict adherence to client’s rights.
Companion Caregiver schedules can range from a few hours a week to 24/7 care. Your schedule will be determined by your availability and how well you match the needs of our client base based on your availability of hours, hours needed by client, location and the skill set that you possess.
The title Companion Caregiver is the one we use to describe all our employees. Upon hire, you would be classified internally as an Intern Caregiver with opportunities to advance to Caregiver, Certified Caregiver, Senior Caregiver and Care Supervisor.
Home Sweet Home Care will provide job-related training upon hire, but there are requirements that you must meet at the time of application.
Pre-Hire Required Qualifications:
- One year of recent experience as the primary person responsible for household management.
- Six months experience working directly with the elderly, either professionally or personally
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate written instructions in English.
- *Five years of documented work experience with at least three recent work-related references.
- Three personal references
- GED or high school diploma.
- Basic computer skills and access to email
- Physical ability to complete tasks as outlined in this job description
- Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record
- Access to an insured and reliable vehicle
- Clean Nationwide background check
- Drug Free lifestyle.
*We realize that there are people who have devoted their lives to taking care of others and, because of this, do not have much of an official employment history or that history is ancient. If you are an “empty nester” with little employment history, we still encourage you to apply and include details of your life experience with your application. We are highly interested in people with your experience and heart.
Home Sweet Home Care Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a preview of the application. You cannot fill this out on line. You can use any of the icons above to download it to your computer, email it, or print it.